Monday 16 April 2007

My MBA aspirations

I wanted to delay this as much as possible (I hope you all will understand that it's quite natural), but I couldn't hold myself back from writing about my future aspirations. I plan to do my MBA abroad. This has been one the most important goals of my life for last two years. And, now I am delighted to see that I might just be able to achieve it.

I am quite happy to report that I have been offered and have accepted a place at Cranfield SOM. This news is quite old now, I got the offer in February, even before I started writing this blog! Sean Rickard, Director - MBA Recruitment took my interview. It was quite an experience as it was my first case study based interview. I was given a case - 'Coins and notes money will be replaced by Electronic money eventually, what do you think?' I was quite tense before the interview, as my flight from Pune to Bangalore was delayed and this interview was planned in the evening. By god's grace, some crazy driving the autowallah through the infamous Bangalore traffic I reached the hotel in time. After the interview, I was told that they would come back within a couple of weeks. I got their acceptance letter the third day itself. I was quite impressed by their efficiency.

I got admission offers from Manchester, Warwick and Ivey too. There too my interview experiences were quite interesting. I'll write a separate blog on those. I have declined their offers now. Something tells me that its gotta be Cranfield. Ofcourse the required funding, the ROI factor, and the annual placement stats have played a major role in me deciding to accept a place at Cranfield. But, there are other intangibles and smaller things like the 'super fast' response from Cranfield, the interview experience, and the feedback from current students have played an equally important role.

I'll write in details about my MBA prep and apps experience in another blog shortly. Till then....hang on coz this ride has just begun!