Monday 7 May 2007

Some info about Cranfield

I thought it would be prudent to put up some fast facts about Cranfield SOM, the place where I will be studying for my MBA. Let's start with the rankings. Its ranked in the top 20 worldwide by The Economist. The Financial Times has ranked it in the Top 40 worldwide & Top 15 in Europe. Informal ratings (read as word-of-mouth) suggest that it is one of the best schools for Supply Chain Management in Europe, rivaling Warwick Operations Group.

The placements stats are quite healthy, with 97% students placed within 3 months from Graduation. There's a caveat here, the course ends by October, Graduation ceremony is in December, and then the three months start. We are looking at March next year! So, one should plan for expenses to cover six months of extra stay, just in case!


But, like in all decisions, there has been something 'intangible' about the entire 'Cranfield Experience'. The immediate & clear cut response, the admissions office's attitude and concern towards you just goes on to impress the fact that they will be taking good care of me when I land up there, making one of the most important investment my life. But ofcourse, this was my experience, it might vary for someone else. Obviously for the better!